In the event of an accident
In order to limit the damage and avoid it becoming worse:
- Take photographs
- In the event of a theft, alert the appropriate authorities immediately (police, coast guard, etc.)
- Contact a professional to get a quote for the repairs to the boat. Do not get the damage repaired without agreement from APRIL Marine. An expert may be appointed to record and assess the damage before any repairs are carried out.
- Send your claim to APRIL Marine as soon as you are aware of the damage, within a maximum of two working days in the event of a theft and five working days for any other claim.
- Send us proof of the existence of the damaged goods with original receipts, guarantees and photos.
In the event of a gale
- Check the boat's mooring (if possible, double it)
- Check the state of the fenders and make sure they are positioned correctly
- Check the sails are correctly folded and/or rolled up (if possible take them down)
- Check all the awnings are properly closed (if possible take them down)
- Check the deck hatches are watertight
- Check the through-hull valves are properly closed
- Don't forget to check on the neighbouring boats (if their boat goes adrift, it could damage yours)
Download the APRIL Marine Assistance application on your smartphone and pre-register your claim in the event of an accident in under two minutes.
The application can be downloaded from the App Store and the Google Play.
Registering your claim online takes just a few minutes
It's easy! Let yourself be guided through the process. Once done, you will be sent:
...Or send it by post to
APRIL Marine - Service Sinistres - 4, avenue Carnot - CS 20420 - 85109 Les Sables d'Olonne Cedex, France
Once your claim has been received you will receive a letter explaining what needs to be done to ensure your claim is properly processed.
- Register the claim
- Send through the quote and the requested documents. It may be referred to an expert.
- Payment will be made within 72 hours of receiving your paperwork
The fees charged for an expert assessment depend on the length of your boat.
You shall be reimbursed according to the cover and clauses in your policy, so the excess shall be deducted and any depreciation applied. When the third party, or their insurer, has made the payment, we will refund these amounts paid by you. We do everything we can to obtain the reimbursement as quickly as possible.